We’re always looking for volunteer drivers and passenger assistants to help us deliver our vital services.
Our wonderful volunteer team help local people attend medical appointments, go on shopping trips, visit friends and family, and even take them to their holiday destination.
When you become one of our volunteers, you won’t be just providing a vital transport service, you’ll also be helping to reduce isolation and loneliness for vulnerable members of our community.
What we look for in a volunteer driver
If you think you’d like to help out behind the wheel, we’d like to hear from you if you’re:
- Over 25 years of age
- In possession of a valid driving licence
- Able to work within a code of practice
- Willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Disclosure (at our cost)
- Able to provide references
And you don’t need to use your own car: we can provide the vehicle and fuel to help you get our members to where they want to go.
Voluntary work can be a great way to contribute to your local community. It can also deliver great benefits for volunteers including:
- Providing an opportunity to meet and work with a variety of people
- Making good use of spare time
- Becoming a valued member of a team
- Delivering the satisfaction of providing an essential service
We offer all volunteers flexible hours to suit (Monday to Friday) and don’t worry if your talents don’t lie behind the wheel, you might be able to help our members in another way.
Fill in our online volunteer application form.
To find out more, contact us today. We look forward to hearing from you!